Monday, June 14, 2010

Bring On The Dancing Horses - Echo & The Bunnymen

.
Jimmy Brown made of stone, Charlie Clown no way home. Bring on the Dancing Horses, headless and all alone...

...Echo & The Bunnymen had so many great tunes over the years it's hard to decide on a favorite, but I think if I had to choose this would probably be it. I also like the video, it's really f----n weird, I'm not sure who came up with the concept, but it's bloody brilliant, Perhaps it's politically motivated, or perhaps they were just smokin a little too much &!!#@, you make the call.
...For those who don't know ( and I hope that ain't many of ya) this band is from the great northern realm of Liverpool. They are one of the truly fantastic alternative bands of the early 80's. This tune was released as a stand alone in 1985 but was never actually part of an album. It was included on Songs to Learn & Sing, which was a singles compilation released by the band in November of the same year. I'm Still looking for the 12'inch single of this one, preferably a UK Import... I'm sure I'll find it eventually.

No comments: