Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Toronto Fan Expo 2010

...... Mavel Comic had a costume contest, lots of fun, lots of free stuff.

...................You'll see some of the most amazing costumes ever at the Toronto Fan Expo.


Summer Glau signs autographs at the Tornto Fan Expo as thousands of fans that line up to see her. From all accounts Summer was extremly nice and appreciative of all the fans, taking the time to personalize each and every autograph.

The 501st Legion is alway there in full forces at the Fan Expo, they are by far my favorite costumes, of course my opionion is a bit bias.

It's not easy being a Sandtrooper when tempatures this weekend exceeded 32 degrees, WOW was it hot.

The fighting 501st, you gotta love it, almost five thousand strong world wide, and growing every day.

The Steam Punks are a newer group that is getting more and more popular every year. They have some truly amazing costumes, and it appeals to a very wide range of fans.

Imperial Stormtrooper patrol the Fan Expo as the Galactic Empire brings law and order to the Toronto Fan Expo.

A great week to be a Geek, and every geek looks forward to the Fan Expo, I'm no exception, this is by far the biggest event of it's kind in Canada. This year, like every other had it's share of problems, primarily due to over-crowding. I'm not sure what the final numbers are but if I had to guess, I'd say that attendance exceeded eighty thousand. Part of the problem was the venue, in previous years the event was held in the South Hall of the Toronto Convention center, but due to scheduling conflict, this year it had to be moved to the smaller North Building. Thankfully next year it moves back to the south hall, but I suspect over crowding will still be an issue. That said is was still a fantastic weekend, among the many featured guest this year were Stan Lee, William Shatner, Adam West, Burt Ward, Summer Glau, Michelle Forbes, Peter Mayhew, Earnest Borgnine plus many, many others. Not gonna go into too much detail, it's quite impossible to describe this event, ya just gotta see it for yer self, suffice to say it's got a little of something for everyone. If ya can't find something that interests you at the Fan Expo, then your probably dead and just don't realize it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I there I wasn't impressed. way too busy. I probably wont go again.

Sandman said...

Hey Annymous, sorry you had a bad experience. I'm sure they'll sort things out next year. I'd give it another try if I were you...Cheers.