Monday, July 25, 2011

She's In Parties - Bauhaus

The Goth scene today includes many bands that I'm not entirely familiar with, bands and artists like Marilyn Manson, Evanescence, Slipknot, plus many more have all made their impact on today's music environment. I can't really argue for or against the inclusion of these bands into the Goth genre because as I've indicated I don't know nearly enough about them to comment either way. What I do know is that most post 80's Goth bands have been influenced by Bauhaus in very significant way. They're not only one of the greatest Goth/Alternative bands of all time, but one of the greatest bands of all time Period... "She's in Parties" goes far beyond being just a great song, it's a Classic Modern Masterpiece, an alternative tune that's destined to weather the sands of time for all eternity. This really gives you an idea of what Bauhaus was all about, it also really shows off the tremendous vocal talent of Peter Murphy, it's completely original and innovative, the cool thing about Bauhaus is that they didn't sound like any other band. Hard to believe this ones almost thirty years old...Arghh!! forget I said that...


No comments: