Sunday, July 26, 2009

Ministry - Everyday ( Is Halloween ) & All Day




It's Industrial, err... I mean New Wave, no it's Industrial, no it's..it's..it's Ministry. From my collection another piece of plastic that got heavy rotation during my time in the booth, one of Ministry's early singles and still my favorite. Far removed from the industrial metal sound they are known for today, Ministry originally started as a New Wave band with a distinctive electronic sound, although one might say they were teetering on the precipice of an Industrial revolution. Al Jourgensen has reportedly expressed disappointment with Ministry's music during these early years, not really sure why. I think it had something to do with creative control, a problem that I'm sure most artist encounter with their record company occasionally. Ahh well screw it, whatever the reason I know I speak for many when I say that "WE" the fans were not disappointed. This was their signature single "Everyday is Halloween" with "All Day" on the flip side was essential vinyl for any music collector and fan of this genre. Ministry released a total of 4 singles under the Wax Trax Records label, I believe this was the most successful but don't quote me on that, sometimes I don't know what the ___ I'm talkin about...
.
.
this side
Everyday ( Is Holloween ) 6:35
.
other side
All Day 5:51
.
WAX TRAX! RECORDS
2445 Lincoln Ave Chicago IL

No comments: