Monday, July 27, 2009

Talk Talk - It's My Life ( 12" Extended )

.



....A bit perplexed by this one, without an argument Talk Talks most commercially successful single and a rare 12 inch. I acquired this recently and it's nothing like the one I owned twenty years ago which had only the one extended single with four different versions of the same song. This EP contains not only It's My life 12" Mix, but also 12" Mixes of Dum Dum Girl, Such A Shame, Talk Talk, My Foolish Friend and Why So Hard, each of these songs is excellent on there own, it's almost like a mini greatest hits package (early stuff only), except they're all extended versions. The sleeve leads me to believe it was created for the North American market, with packaging designed in Italy and remixed in 1984 by Steve Thompson. This copy above belongs to me and was pressed right here in Canada in the bustling metropolis of Mississauga. A great set list and well worth picking up if you can find a copy in decent condition. Each and every track was eventually re-released on CD, after all Talk Talk aint exactly obscure or unknown. But the reason I pick these up has nothing to do with weather they've been re-released or remastered I don't much care about that. I pick them up because they are rare, and rarer still in perfect condition, also because I dig the photography and cover art which is so interesting.
.
Track List
.
1. Why Is It So Hard?... 12" U.S.Remix - Extended
2. Talk Talk... 12" Mix - Extended
3. My Foolish Friend... 12" Mix - Extended
4. It's My Life... 12" Mix - Extended
5. Dum Dum Girl... 12" Remix - Extended
6. Such A Shame... 12" U.S. Remix - Extended
.
Tracks 1, 5, 6 : Remixed by Steve Thompson
.
1984 EMI Records
Front Cover Photo by Sheila Rock

No comments: