Thursday, August 13, 2009

Moody Blues - Live at the Amphetheater


.....August 12 2009 - Last Night at the Molson Amphitheater in Toronto I went to see the Moody Blues put on a spectacular show . After four decades Justine Hayward alongside longtime members bassist John Lodge and drummer Graeme Edge continue performing their many classics and last nights crowd of nearly 10,000 certainly got their money's worth. This is another one of those bands I never got the privilege of seeing back in the 70's or 80's, few bands have the staying power or stamina these guys do especially after almost fourty years, nor do many command quite the loyal following as do the Moody Blues. As appreciative as the crowd was of this iconic group they are equally appreciative of their fans. Near the end of the evening Justine just took a moment to thank all who attended saying "we love you and thank you for keeping the faith". Needless to say the crowd went wild. Being primarily a fan of the New Wave/Alternative scene during the 80's I really didn't have allot of exposure to bands like this, I'm glad I do now. It's easy to forget in this day and age that there was a time in the music industry when talent was mattered most.

2 comments:

James C. Wallace II said...

I got to see them last Sunday, Aug. 30th in Indianapolis. They were, as always, quite amazing although Justin's voice seemed a bit strained. It was a bit chilly though and he got better as the show went on. Overall, it was awesome. My 10th time seeing them and my 150th concert overall.

Sandman said...

Hey James thanks for the comment, since it was my first time seeing the Moody Blues, I have nothing to compare his voice to from previous performances. What I did find impressive is how close his voice sounds to the studio albums. I've been to many a show were this is not the case. It's unabaliveable you been to 150 shows, I think I'm at about 30 maybe, It'll be a while before I hit that number... especially now that I'm carrying a mortgage. LOL...