Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Toronto Fan Expo 2009

.

BRUCE CAMPBELL, The Evil Dead, Army of Darkness and Bubba Ho-Tep among other things was there on Sunday. He was only willing to sight a few hunder autographs before calling it quits, kinda disrespectful if you ask me. The first time he's been here to my knowlege and there were alot of disappointed fans who I'm sure wanted to meet him but could'nt because he decided to be a dinky dink.

LOU FERRIGNO, The Incredible Hulk from all accounts one of the nicest guys at the show, always willing to talk to the fans and joke around.



It aint just about Science fiction at the Fan Expo many of the Menga and Comic Hero costumes as well as costumes from video games such as Legend of Zelda and Guitar hero are also popular. Very impressive to say the least these kids sure put alot of work into them.


What ever your into you'll find it at the Fan Expo, here the WWF's Iron Shiek and the Honky Tonk Man sign autographs and converse with the fans. Dang is that Iron Shiek ever loud, scared the hell otta me, always yelling at someone...all in good fun for the show of course.


Yup the 501st Legion of which I'm a proud member, we have alot of fun and the crowd is always appreciative. I usually spend much of my weekend posing for pictures.


LEONARD NIMOY was also there, long line up for this guy, yet he was always friendly and made sure all the fan got their autograph or picture. definitely one of the highlights having him there.


Aaron Douglas-"Battlestar Galactica" and Erin Grey- "Buck Rogers in the 25th Century" sign autographs for fans. This is a tragedy for me, I really wanted Erin Greys autograph, who can forget her in the white spandex pilot outfit, it was truely pivotal moment in Sci-Fi TV history...at least it was for me. I got so busy and I completely forgot to go see her. I hope she comes back again. I'll never forgive myself for missing out on what could have been one of the defining moment of my life...Ohhh.. notice the look of bewilderment on Aaron's face, that's because someone has just handed him a bootleg copy of BSG to be signed, I wonder sometimes what goes through peoples heads.

.
...Well another Fan Expo has come and gone, I spent all weekend at the Toronto convention center I'm exhausted, never walked so much in my life. This year was bigger than ever as a record 60,000 people attended, what a crazy mad house it was. I took some shots at the show but spent most of the time trooping with the 501st Legion. I think it would be best they move this event to the North building for next years show as some people reported a two hour wait just to get in. Security had a tough time keeping control the line was so long it went all the way up the stairs through the concourse, down the outside steps were it snaked half way around the Sky Dome (Rogers Center). That said a good time was had by all, I now count the day until the next one.

Below is a slide show of many of pics I did last weekend enjoy.




Toronto Fan Expo 2009

The link to the entire album is here...

http://good-times.webshots.com/album/574439110vCwHqz?vhost=good-times

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great pics I was there all weekend, had a fantastic time too busy thought. They need a bigger space.