Friday, March 27, 2009

Spoons at the Tattoo Rock Parlour March 26 2009

The Tattoo Rock Parlour in Toronto was packed to full capacity last night for the Spoons concert, sorry my picks ain't better, I need to get a decent camera. They put on a fantastic show for the very lively crowd, it's amazing how many hits this band has, no matter how many time I see them I'm always amazed. Its easy to see why after all these years they still command such a loyal following and of course the musicianship is second to none, 30 years of playing together tends to do that... last nights set included a couple of songs I'd never heard live before. Mecurial Girl and Rodeo.





The set list was as follows..
.
Trade Winds (Recorded)
Arias & Symphonies
Smiling In Winter
Bridges Over Borders
Romantic Traffic
Like A MemoryWaterline
Mercurial Girl
Old Emotions
Tell No LiesRed Light
No Electrons
One In Ten Words
Nova Heart
When Time Turns Around (E1)
Rodeo (E2)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was at the show last month great set. They're playing more dates this summer.

KO

Anonymous said...

I was at the show last month great set. They're playing more dates this summer.

KO

Starchild said...

I was at that show, too!
It is always amazing to see them play. Such great musicians. Genuinely nice people as well..Whenever I meet them after a show it always feels as if they're meeting long-lost friends. :)

Sandman said...

Yes they are really nice, very apprecative of their fans always willing to stop for pictures. It's great to see more and more people showing up, every time they play.