Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Boy - U2


Just picked up the double CD remaster of this album last week, at some point I lost interest in this band and I'm not sure why, that said I still absolutley love this record, U2's first album and still their best in my opinion... I owned it on vinyl twice, CD twice and cassette. From beginning to end this is a perfect album, every song is excellent. It has a very energetic, raw edged rock sound with a little bit of the punk thrown in for good measure. It's a simpler sounding band to the one we hear today but also more creative and rebellious. I must have listened to it at least a thousand times over the years and it is tough to choose what I would consider my favorite tracks since they are all so well written. Of course there is "I Will Follow" which for many of us was our introduction to the Irish phenomenon. "An Cat Dubh" and "Into the Heart" which I kind of consider one long song and is by far my favorite song ever written by U2. "Twilight" and "Out Of Control" are also among their best as well. If you don't know this band, which of course is unlikely, then this is a great place to start. Right at the beginning.

No comments: