Monday, September 15, 2008

The Spitfires - Indy Rock Band - Australia

Based out of Adelaide, South Australia they formed in 1981, an Indy rock band with a hard edge that could best be described as a mixture of punk and rockabilly somewhere along the lines of the Cramps with regards to their style and sound. Their debut mini album was released in 1983 if I'm not mistakes and was called "I Was A Teenage Teenager" under the independent Rivet label, there is not alot of info available on this band so I could be mistaken with my facts. They enjoyed moderate success within Australia releasing a number of singles that charted locally. If anyone has any additional info or pictures please e-mail me, it would be greatly appreciated. The group was comprised of the following members ...Ted Keely (lead vocals), Jeff Stephens (guitar/vocals), Andrew Travers (drums), Greg Ryan (guitar), Rick Gac (bass), Jeff Karutz (sax). Sadly Greg (Slim) Ryan passed away on September 4, 2006, my sincere condolences to his family and friends.
.
I Was A Teenage Teenager - Track List
.
Side 1
Rumble In The Jungle
Bad Luck Bop
I'm In Love With A Vampire
.
Side 2
I'm In Love With A Vampire
Brand New Cadillac
One Way Train
.
There may be other tracks from this album that I have missed...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You listed the tracks on Side 1. The three tracks on side two are 'I'm In Love with a Vampire', Brand New Cadillac' and 'One Way Train'.

Ash

Unknown said...

Greg (Slim) Ryan was a mate of mine. Sadly he passed away on 04 September 2006

Sandman said...

Thanks very much for the info Ash it is very appreciated I will update accordingly...
... My condolences unlikeKansas, very sorry to hear about Gregs passing, its always very sad when someone so young leaves us way before their time. I think family and friends can take some solice in the fact that he did leave his footprint on this earth, that much is certain. I'll also update accordingly.

Cheers

Cramps56 said...

Hi,
I know this post is 10 years old now, but I only saw it recently.If you would like more info and photos etc. on The Spitfires and what the various members did after we split, email me at tedkeeley@yahoo.com.au
Cheers,
Ted