Monday, September 1, 2008

There and Then - Oasis


I wasn't actually into Oasis until I discovered this live concert, it is an absolutely amazing performance and I now watch it regularly. Recorded during the What's the Story Morning Glory? tour, Oasis were at the peak of their success,and without a doubt one of the biggest bands in the world at the time. The shows is actually filmed in two locations part of the footage was recorded at Earls Court in London November 1995 and the remainder was filmed in Manchester April 1996. Mixed in with the concerts footage are a number of interesting interviews with various members of the band, normally I prefer not to have interviews during the concert as I feel it breaks the continuity of the performance but for this show it seemed work. The thing that really stands out about this concert is the fan footage, I don't think I've ever seen as packed stadium go quite as crazy as they did during this show. Thirty thousand people screaming at the top of there lungs for pretty much the entire performance, and the camera's captures it perfectly, I almost felt like I was there. I highly recommend There and Then, one of the best live performance ever caught on film.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A great concert.